Background: The satisfaction level of service receivers is recognized as one of the quality indicators of health services.
Objectives: The present study aimed to determine the satisfaction level of service receivers with ambulance services as an important component of health services and the factors affecting this satisfaction.
Methods: The mean score of the scale was obtained at 120.62±10.42 (ranging from 60-130). A positive correlation was found between the age groups and the mean of scale score (rs=0.338; P<0.001). The Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficient of the scale was calculated at 0.957.
Results: The mean score of the scale was obtained at 120.62±10.42 (ranging from 60-130). A positive correlation was found between the age groups and the mean of scale score (rs=0.338; P<0.001). The Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficient of the scale was calculated at 0.957.
Conclusion: As evidenced by the obtained results, respondents’ overall satisfaction with ambulance services was found to be high. The level of satisfaction was enhanced with respondents’ age. It was concluded that effective measures should be implemented to improve the quality of services by uncovering the major reasons for service receivers’ dissatisfaction. Moreover, it was found that the 112 Emergency Services Patient Satisfaction Scale is reliable and measurement results should be used to improve the services.
- Morgans A, Burgess SJ. What is a health emergency? The difference in definition and understanding between patients and health professionals. Aust Health Rev. 2011;35(3):284-289. doi:10.1071/AH10922
- Mahmood KT, Amin F, Ayub H, Yaqoob M, Zaka M. Management of the patient from the site of accident to the hospital/ pre-hospital care. J Pharm Sci Res. 2010;2:804–8. https://www.jpsr.pharmainfo.in/Documents/Volumes/Vol2Issue12/jpsr%2002101202.pdf
- Sundström BW, Bremer A, Lindström V, Vicente V. Caring science research in the ambulance services: an integrative systematic review. Scand J Caring Sci; 2019; 33; 3–33. PMCID: PMC7432173 DOI: 10.1111/scs.12607
- Ünlüoğlu İ, Ekşi A, Elçioğlu Ö. Development of Ambulances Parallel to Emergency Medical Services. Sendrom. 2002;14(2):18-24
- Erbay H. Why the Prehospital Emergency Call Number İn Turkey İs 112? A Recent History Research İn The Context of Ambulance Services. Mer Uni Sch Med Lok Hek J Hist Med Folk Med. 2017; 7(1): 28-32. https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/mutftd/issue/43189/523864
- Temizkan R, Engin M, Büyük N, Kılıçaslan Ö, Cangür Ş, Yıldız M, Kocabay . Evaluation of 112 Emergency Health Servıce Staff Working Conditions, Complaints and Expectations and Attitudes Related to the Pediatric Emergency Department. KSÜ Tıp Fak Der. 2019; 14(3): 114-118. doi: 10.17517/ksutfd.427435
- Totten V, Bellou A. Development of emergency medicine in Europe. Acad Emerg Med. 2013;20(5):514-521. doi:10.1111/acem.12126
- Şimşek P, Günaydın M, Gündüz A. Pre-Hospital Emergency Health Services: The Case of Turkey. GÜSBD 2019; 8(1): 120 - 127. DOI:10.5336/healthsci.2019-71382
- The Ministry of Health of Turkey Health Statistics Yearbook 2018. Ankara. 2019. http://ghdx.healthdata.org/record/turkey-health-statistics-yearbook-2017
- Karasu E. Determination of patient satisfaction level from 112 emergency health services and development of patient satisfaction scale. Master Thesis. Selcuk University, Konya, 2018. https://toad.halileksi.net/sites/default/files/pdf/112-acil-saglik-hizmetlerinde-hasta-memnuniyet-olcegi-toad.pdf
- Örselli E, Bayrakcı E, Ve Kahraman S. Citizen Satisfaction with Municipal Services: The Case of Konya Municipality. Glob J Soci. 2017;7(1):73-82. DOI https://doi.org/10.18844/gjs.v7i1.2366
- Küçükkendirci H, Batı S, Ulusal O . Konya 112 Satisfaction Level and Factors Affecting Patient/ Patient's Relatives in Emergency Health Services. HOD. 2021;6(1):1-12. https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/hod/issue/58618/775586
- Doğan M, Şenol V, Çetinkaya F, Naçar M, Bülbül E. Knowledge, Consideration and Satisfaction Level of People in Kayseri Province About The 112 Emergency Health Services. J Contemp Med. 2020; 10(3): 415-420. https://doi.org/10.16899/jcm.832044
- Johansson A, Ekwall A, Wihlborg J. Patient satisfaction with ambulance care services: survey from two districts in southern Sweden. Int Emerg Nurs. 2011;19(2):86-89. DOI: 10.1016/j.ienj.2010.03.002
- Heydari H, Kamran A, Zali ME, Novinmehr N, Safari M. Customers' satisfaction about prehospital emergency medical services in Lorestan, Iran. Electr Phys. 2017;9(3):3974-3979. PMCID: PMC5407230 DOI: 10.19082/3974
- Dantas, Rodrigo Assis Neves, Dantas, Daniele Vieira, Nascimento, Jessica Cristhyanne Peixoto, Sarmento, Sabrina Daiane Gurgel, & Oliveira, Sara Porfírio de. Evaluation of satisfaction of users assisted by prehospital mobile emergency care service. Saúde em Debate. 2018;42(116):191-202. https://doi.org/10.1590/0103-1104201811615
- Farhadloo R, Chavoshi M, Vahedian M, Haji Mohammad Hoseini M, Torabian H, Parvaresh-Masoud M, Azadeh MR. Patient Satisfaction with Pre-hospital Emergency Care in Qom Province in 2017. Heal Emer Dis Quar. 2019;5(2):99-104. DOI: 10.32598/hdq.220.127.116.11
- García-Alfranca F, Puig A, Galup C, et al. Patient Satisfaction with Pre-Hospital Emergency Services. A Qualitative Study Comparing Professionals' and Patients' Views. Int J Environ Res Pub Heal. 2018;15(2):233. PMCID: PMC5858302 DOI: 10.3390/ijerph15020233