Background: Acute cerebral infarction (ACI) is a common cerebrovascular disease that seriously endangers human health. It is very important to carry out disease assessments to rescue patients who may suffer from preventable death.
Objectives: This study aimed to explore the predictive value of concomitant disease scoring for the prognosis of patients with ACI.
Methods: This is a respective observational study. A total of 399 patients with ACI from the Affiliated Hospital of North China University of Science and Technology, who met the inclusion criteria, were enrolled in the present study. The concomitant disease score was assessed within 24 hours after admission, and the risk degree of death was analyzed. Then, the goodness of fit test and validity analysis were carried out, and the best survival/death cut-off value was determined.
Results: The area under the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve for the concomitant disease score was 0.700, the distinctiveness was relatively good, and the prediction cut-off value was 10 points. Furthermore, the mortality rate of patients with a higher score was significantly higher compared to patients with a lower score.
Conclusions: The concomitant disease score has good predictive value for the prognosis of ACI patients, and is an ideal system for evaluating the condition of cerebral infarction.
- Yan Z, Fu B, He D, Zhang Y, Liu J, Zhang X. The relationship between oxidized low-density lipoprotein and related ratio and acute cerebral infarction. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018;97(39). e12642. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000012642. [PubMed: 30278589]. [PubMed Central: PMC6181483].
- Li QX, Zhao XJ, Peng YB, Wang DL, Dong XL, Fan HY, et al. A prospective study of comparing the application of two generation scoring systems in patients with acute cerebral infarction. Adv Ther. 2019;36(11):3071-8. doi: 10.1007/s12325-019-01084-4. [PubMed: 31564039].
- Meng XB, Wang ZR, Wang YZ, Hu XY. [Risk factors of pulmonary infections in elderly patients with acute brain stoke]. Chinese J Nosocomiol. 2013;23:4637-8. Chinese.
- Bosel J. Blood pressure control for acute severe ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2017;23(2):81-6. doi: 10.1097/MCC.0000000000000394. [PubMed: 28157821].
- Kang DY, Hong Q, Wang JL, Luo ZM, Peng R. [Case-control study on risk factors of prognosis in stroke]. Prac J Cardiac Cerebral Pneumal Vasc Dis. 2000;8:67-9. Chinese.
- Wu XQ, Zhang Y, Sun YP. [Clinical and prognostic analysis of 500 stroke cases with hypotension during the acute phase]. J Chinese Phys. 2004;6:963-4. Chinese.
- Xie JC, Lin YY, Liu XH, Zhao YC, Ma XY, Yu J, et al. Homocysteine is associated with exaggerated morning blood pressure surge in patients with acute ischemic stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2018;27(10):2650-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2018.05.032. [PubMed: 29960667].
- Olesen KKW, Madsen M, Gyldenkerne C, Thrane PG, Wurtz M, Thim T, et al. Diabetes mellitus is associated with increased risk of ischemic stroke in patients with and without coronary artery disease. Stroke. 2019;50(12):3347-54. doi: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.119.026099. [PubMed: 31690249].
- Zhang MJ, Pan XD, Liu M, Li JJ, Liu LP. [Analysis of risk factors of patients with progressive cerebral infarction and high blood pressure]. World J Compl Med. Chinese.
- Liu XL, Chen ZX. [The research progress of stroke-associated pneumonia′s risk factors]. Med Recapitulate. 2013;19:2944-6. Chinese.
- Ren GH. [Clinical analysis of acute stroke accompanied by lung infection: 65 cases]. Chinese J Prac Nerv Dis. 2012;15:3738. Chinese.
- Wang ZS. [Clinical analysis of acute cerebral infarctionaccompanied by lung infection: 51cases]. Modern Diagn Treat. 2014;25:3267-8. Chinese.
- Zhang HM. [Clinical research of rheumatic heart disease accompanied by atrial fibrillation]. Contemp Med Forum. 2014;12(122-3). Chinese.
- Sun W, Li G, Zeng X, Lai Z, Wang M, Ouyang Y, et al. Clinical and imaging characteristics of cerebral infarction in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation combined with cerebral artery stenosis. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2018;25(8):720-32. doi: 10.5551/jat.43240. [PubMed: 29877196]. [PubMed Central: PMC6099075].
- Chen X, Luo W, Li J, Li M, Wang L, Rao Y, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of STAF, LADS, and iPAB scores for predicting paroxysmal atrial fibrillation in patients with acute cerebral infarction. Clin Cardiol. 2018;41(12):1507-12. doi: 10.1002/clc.23080. [PubMed: 30251368]. [PubMed Central: PMC6489907].
- Senoo K, Kondo Y, Kobayashi Y, Lip GY. Silent cerebral infarction in East Asian vs. Non-Asian atrial fibrillation patients- meta-analysis. Circ J. 2018;82(3):672-6. doi: 10.1253/circj.CJ-17-1164. [PubMed: 29279460].
- Wu ZW, Wen DS, Li CF, Luo RX. [The study of the correlation between stenosis degree of carotid artery and the value of NIHSS and ESRS]. Chinese Foreign Med Res. 2016;14:48. Chinese.
- Kamarudin AN, Cox T, Kolamunnage-Dona R. Time-dependent ROC curve analysis in medical research: current methods and applications. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2017;17(1):53. doi: 10.1186/s12874-017-0332-6. [PubMed: 28388943]. [PubMed Central: PMC5384160].