The clinical and imaging data belonging to 52 discharged novel coronavirus pneumonia (NCP) patients with positive nucleic acid retesting results during the follow-up period were collected from the First People’s Hospital, Xiaogan, Hubei Province, China, for analysis. These moderate NCP patients underwent a plain CT scan before the admission, at the time of discharge, and at re-admission due to the positive result of their COVID-19 nucleic acid retesting. The CT signs of these patients were analyzed in this study and a total of 32 (61.54%) patients presented with 123 lesions with patchy fuzzy shadows. In addition, 24 (75%) and 8 (25%) patients out of the 32 patients, had lesions distributed in both lungs and single lung, respectively. It is worth mentioning that the CT manifestations varied in discharged moderate NCP patients whose COVID-19 nucleic acid retest was positive in the follow-up period. Most patients presented with patchy fuzzy shadows and ground-glass opacity (GGO) lesions distributed in the lower lobe of both lungs. The results of the study indicated that some discharged moderate NCP patients with positive COVID-19 nucleic acid retest developed new patchy fuzzy shadows and GGO lesions. Moreover, the recurrence of NCP needs to be verified once patchy fuzzy shadows and GGO lesions appear and are not absorbed during the follow-up period. This study provided a reference for the follow-up NCP evaluation.
- Fan J, Liu X, Shao G, Qi J, Li Y, Pan W, et al. The epidemiology of reverse transmission of COVID-19 in Gansu Province, China. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2020;37:101741. doi: 10.1016/j.tmaid.2020.101741.
- Zeng L, Xia S, Yuan W, Yan K, Xiao F, Shao J, et al. Neonatal early-onset infection with SARS-CoV-2 in 33 neonates born to mothers with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China. JAMA Pediatr. 2020;174(7):722-725. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2020.0878. [PubMed: 32215598].
- Yang W, Sirajuddin A, Zhang X, Liu G, Teng Z, Zhao S, et al. The role of imaging in 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19). Eur Radiol. 2020;30(9):4874-82. doi: 10.1007/s00330-020-06827-4. [PubMed: 32296940].
- Kieling C, Baker-Henningham H, Belfer M, Conti G, Ertem I, Omigbodun O, et al. Child and adolescent mental health worldwide: evidence for action. Lancet. 2011;378(9801):1515-25. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60827-1. [PubMed: 22008427].
- Wu J, Wu X, Zeng W, Guo D, Fang Z, Chen L, et al. Chest CT findings in patients with coronavirus disease 2019 and its relationship with clinical features. Invest Radiol. 2020;55(5):257-61. doi: 10.1097/RLI.0000000000000670. [PubMed: 32091414].
- Chung[WU1] M, Bernheim A, Mei X, Zhang N, Huang M, Zeng X, et al. CT Imaging features of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Radiology. 2020;295(1):202-7. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2020200230. [PubMed: 32017661].
- Wang D, Hu B, Hu C, Zhu F, Liu X, Zhang J, et al. Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China. JAMA. 2020;323(11):1061-9. doi: 10.1001/jama.2020.1585. [PubMed: 32031570].
- Xu X, Chen P, Wang J, Feng J, Zhou H, Li X, et al. Evolution of the novel coronavirus from the ongoing Wuhan outbreak and modeling of its spike protein for risk of human transmission. Sci China Life Sci. 2020;63(3):457-60. doi: 10.1007/s11427-020-1637-5. [PubMed: 32009228].
- Chen N, Zhou M, Dong X, Qu J, Gong F, Han Y, et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study. Lancet. 2020;395(10223):507-13. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(20)30211-7. [PubMed: 32007143].
- Xie X, Zhong Z, Zhao W, Zheng C, Wang F, Liu J. Chest CT for typical coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pneumonia: relationship to negative RT-PCR testing. Radiology. 2020;296(2):E41-5. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2020200343. [PubMed: 32049601].
- Chen J, Ying H, Liu X, Gu J, Feng R, Chen T, et al. A transfer learning based super-resolution microscopy for biopsy slice images: the joint methods perspective. IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform. 2021;18(1):103-13. doi: 10.1109/TCBB.2020.2991173. [PubMed: 32356757].
- Bernheim A, Mei X, Huang M, Yang Y, Fayad ZA, Zhang N, et al. Chest CT findings in coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19): relationship to duration of infection. Radiology. 2020;295(3):200463. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2020200463. [PubMed: 32077789].
- Lei J, Li J, Li X, Qi X. CT imaging of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) pneumonia. Radiology. 2020;295(1):18. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2020200236. [PubMed: 32003646].
- Wang YS, Wang Y. A gradient-based approach for optimal plant controller co-design. 2015 American Control Conference (ACC), Chicago, IL, USA; 2015. P. 3249-54. doi: 10.1109/ACC.2015.7171833.
- Chung M, Bernheim A, Mei X, Zhang N, Huang M, Zeng X, et al. CT Imaging features of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Radiology. 2020;295(1):202-7. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2020200230. [PubMed: 32017661].
- Shi H, Han X, Zheng C. Evolution of CT manifestations in a patient recovered from 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) pneumonia in Wuhan, China. Radiology. 2020;295(1):20. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2020200269. [PubMed: 32032497].
- Gao H, Xu Y, Yin Y, Zhang W, Li R, Wang X. Context-aware QoS prediction with neural collaborative filtering for Internet-of-Things services. IEEE Internet Things J. 2019;7(5):4532-42. doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2019.2956827.
- Sun P, Qie S, Liu Z, Ren J, Li K, Xi J. Clinical characteristics of hospitalized patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection: a single arm meta-analysis. J Med Virol. 2020;92(6):612-617. doi: 10.1002/jmv.25735. [PubMed: 32108351].
- Chen P, Zhang Y, Wen Y, Guo J, Jia J, Ma Y, et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 136 cases of COVID-19 in main district of Chongqing. J Formos Med Assoc. 2020;119(7):1180-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jfma.2020.04.019. [PubMed: 32386675].