Background and Objectives: This study faces two main challenges, namely the lack of budget and similar national social networks. Moreover, the problems of information and communication technology infrastructure in Iran and issues, such as compliance with copyright and privacy, complicated the project.Materials and Methods: Given that there has been no previous research in this regard, the present study was the first attempt to design and implement a social network for Iranian health academics. Therefore, to achieve the goals of this study, various methods will be used to prevent the failure of the project and gather comprehensive information. This research project will make use of four qualitative studies, one comparative study, one review study, and four quantitative studies. Discussion: This study faces two main challenges, namely the lack of budget and similar national social networks. Moreover, the problems of information and communication technology infrastructure in Iran and issues, such as compliance with copyright and privacy, complicated the project.
- Aloosh M, Salavati A, Aloosh A. Economic sanctions threaten population health: the case of Iran. Public Health. 2019;169:10-3. doi: 10.1016/j.puhe.2019.01.006. [PubMed: 30771721].
- Mucci N, Giorgi G, Roncaioli M, Perez JF, Arcangeli G. The correlation between stress and economic crisis: a systematic review. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2016;12:983-93. doi: 10.2147/NDT.S98525. [PubMed: 27143898].
- Gorji A. Sanctions against Iran: the impact on health services. Iran J Public Health. 2014;43(3):381-2. [PubMed: 25988101].
- Aloosh M. How economic sanctions compromise cancer care in Iran. Lancet Oncol. 2018;19(7):e334. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(18)30427-3. [PubMed: 30084377].
- Hosseini SA. Impact of sanctions on procurement of medicine and medical devices in Iran; a technical response. Arch Iran Med. 2013;16(12)736-8. [PubMed: 24329148].
- Massoumi RL, Koduri S. Adverse effects of political sanctions on the health care system in Iran. J Glob Health. 2015;5(2):020302. doi: 10.7189/jogh.05-020302. [PubMed: 26207178].
- Karimi M, Haghpanah S. The effects of economic sanctions on disease specific clinical outcomes of patients with thalassemia and hemophilia in Iran. Health Policy. 2015;119(2):239-43. doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2014.12.011. [PubMed: 25564279].
- Shariatirad S, Maarefvand M. Sanctions against Iran and the impact on drug use and addiction treatment. Int J Drug Policy. 2013;24(6):636-7. doi: 10.1016/j.drugpo.2013.04.003. [PubMed: 23683411].
- Arya N. Economic sanctions: the kinder, gentler alternative? Med Confl Surviv. 2008;24(1):25-41. doi: 10.1080/13623690701775205. [PubMed: 18456989].
- Tavakol M. Medical education under economic sanctions in Iran. Acad Med. 2009;84(10):1324. doi: 10.1097/ACM.0b013e3181b6552b. [PubMed: 19881411].
- Akhondzadeh S, Ebadifar A, Baradaran Eftekhari M, Falahat K. Medical science and research in Iran. Arch Iran Med. 2017;20(11):665-72. [PubMed: 29480730].
- Farhadi M. Iran, science, and collaboration. Science. 2015;349(6252):1029. doi: 10.1126/science.aad3016.
- Saeidnia S, Abdollahi M. Consequences of international sanctions on Iranian scientists and the basis of science. Hepat Mon. 2013;13(9):e14843. doi: 10.5812/hepatmon.14843. [PubMed: 24282428].
- Arie S. Unintended consequences of sanctions against Iran. BMJ. 2013;347:f4650. doi: 10.1136/bmj.f4650. [PubMed: 23881946].
- Cheraghali AM. Scientific apartheid. Hepat Mon. 2012;12(3):158-9. doi: 10.5812/hepatmon.841.
- Soofi A, Ghazinoory S. Science and innovations in Iran: development, progress, and challenges. Berlin, Germany: Springer; 2013.
- Jeng W, DesAutels S, He D, Li L. Information exchange on an academic social networking site: a multidiscipline comparison on researchgate Q&A. J Assoc Inf Sci Technol. 2017;68(3):638-52. doi: 10.1002/asi.23692.
- Jeng W, He D, Jiang J. User participation in an academic social networking service: a survey of open group users on Mendeley. J Assoc Inf Sci Technol. 2015;66(5):890-904. doi: 10.1002/asi.23225.
- Hammook Z, Mišić J, Mišić VB. Student/supervisor collaboration and usage patterns of publications available on ResearchGate. 2016 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Doha, Qatar; 2016. P. 1-5. doi: 10.1109/WCNC.2016.7564814.
- Ahn J. The effect of social network sites on adolescents' social and academic development: current theories and controversies.J Am Soc Inf Sci Technol. 2011;62(8):1435-45. doi: 10.1002/asi.21540.
- Williams AE, Woodacre MA. The possibilities and perils of academic social networking sites. Online Inform Review. 2016;40(2):282-94. doi: 10.1108/OIR-10-2015-0327.